Monday, May 12, 2008

Girraween- the last Outdoor Ed Trip

Hello, I hope things are going well with you!
This last week I went on a trip to the Girraween National Park, just on the border of Queensland and New South Wales (two australian states). It was the Outdoor Education class' last trip- a four day, three night hike over 26km. We were in groups of 6-7 for food, camping, and any off-track navigation, and groups of 12-14 when walking on four-wheel drive tracks (which were most common). It was a great time. The most amazing views were possible for sundowns and sunrises, on high peaks, giant boulders. And on one of the days, you get to go climbing through the rocks on top of Mt. Norman, a tall summit. The best is getting to lay out under the stars each night- you'd be suprised to find out how great it is to look at an all new view of the stars because of where you are on the planet.
Right now I am preparing to go to Cairns- which I am going to this Tuesday through Sunday. Because we are going during off-peak times, we got cheap flights and I get to go scuba diving for only $40! I can't wait to get back into the water and see some amazing fish and coral. They were my favorite in Fiji, and now I am going to Great Barrier Reef!

No comments: