Monday, March 10, 2008

Outdoor Education

So, for the past three days, I have been hiking and doing ropes courses in Meebun-bia. It was absolutely exhausting, but also absolutely fun. I won't give too much away for those going in the next semesters, but here is what I can tell you. I am not in shape, and I was able to do it. Was it probably a little unsafe? Yes. I pushed myself harder than I ever have, almost fainting a couple times from the hard uphill hikes. It was also hard on everyone else; by the third day everyone was exhausted. I was also glad to have my own hiking backpack. The university ones are not in good condition, and I was able to pack my stuff before I left to know how much to bring. Bring some light gloves, if you can- a few people got blisters, and everyones hand hurts from all the ropes course stuff. It is a lot of fun, though, and you really get close to the 20-28 people in your tut (which stands for tutorial). You get to do a lot of cool ropes course things, some good navigations excersizes (where I got to see a lot of cool wildlife), and heaps and heaps of hiking. Try not to be picky with your meals, and you should be fine! Unfortunately, the one thing I forgot on this trip is my camera.... a real bummer.
Other than that, Australia is pretty awesome. I have already made some great friends here, and the Aussies are really nice about giving rides and such, so with a little planning you are able to get what you need. I know I have been able to.

No comments: