Friday, February 15, 2008

Fiji and Arrival in Lismore

Hey everybody! I just arrived in Lismore yesterday. The only internet access in Fiji was expensive, so I didn't bother going on. But it was gorgeous. In Fiji I did a lot, and it didn't cost too much. We went to Beachcomber, which is an island and a resort. The only things I had to pay for were alcohol (unless you sneakily drink the stuff you bought in the duty free shop before your last flight, which I did) and special stuff like tubing, parasailing, scuba diving, wakeboarding, etc... I went parasailing, which was cool, and tubing. I also went fish feeding and snorkling for free, and snorkling was the coolest out of everything because I was one of only about 4-5 people who were snorkling when the fish were fed. There were so many schools of fish right around me that I couldn't move- so cool! Big, small, colorful, all types! Most of us got burns, and thank god that somebody brought a first aid kit with athletic tape because a lot of us got cut on coral and shells in the sand. Travel was a bit rough, but it turned out okay. The earplanes worked out great, and by the end using those along with popping my ears every once and awhile I had no problems. For those ever traveling later, make sure you check your luggage size, because my hiking backpack had to be in checked luggage on most flights. Luckily I didn't get charged for it! Other than that, though, no troubles- just a bunch of waits. I would also say go on the Fiji trip because I made sooo many friends on it, including some from Aussie that offered to let me and couple others come to their towns and stay nights and show us around. I promise to get some picks up today or tomorrow depending on internet usage allowance, I am transfering them to my laptop now. Aussie is great too, and the weather is pretty decent! A lot better than 20 below, thats for sure!
Shea

1 comment:

meghan said...

HEY SHEA!!
It seems you are and are going to continue to have a fabulous time!
Everything sounds amazing (and I am very jealous)! Keep me posted on your upcomings and new adventures in Aussie world.
miss ya!
- meghan wessel